It is not a secret that the IFL has been up for sale. The supposed asking price: $1,000,000. The most likely buyer seems to be Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC and WEC. The rumor has been that the UFC has been in talks with IFL. For a long time Dana White has been critical and wary of the IFL. Recently though many fighters have tried their hand at the UFC. Several IFL guys were cast for TUF 7 including: Gerald Harris, Mike Dolce, and Dante Rivera. Several others were picked to fight at the UFC Fight Night held to combat Affliction: Banned including stars Brad Blackburn, Reese Andy, and Rory Markham. Markham and Blackburn both looked very good in wins in their octagon debuts. The rumors have been fueled following the fight night. Many people speculated that since Rogan and Goldberg talked openly about the IFL and IFL videos were shown that the UFC could have bought the IFL. It seems most likely that the IFL is done. This from CagePotato:
Despite Dana White’s love of criticizing every aspect of the IFL and citing them as a cautionary tale for MMA startups, it seems fighter contracts and an extensive video library are just too attractive for him to pass up. According to a report on MMA Payout, Zuffa is very close to buying the IFL.
The deal isn’t finalized, says Sam Caplan, but this is the most credible report thus far regarding the potential purchase of the IFL. The company was said to be on the market for around $1 million, but the UFC is believed to be getting it for less than that. Sources within the IFL could only confirm for us that the talks have been under way for some time now and the UFC is the leading suitor.
The rumor has been that the IFL fighters would be split between the UFC and WEC. Some would become free agents. Here are the msot attractive fighters to Zuffa.
1. Waggney Fabiano – 145 Lbs. (He is the IFL Fetaherweight champ and would make a good competition for Urijah Faber in the WEC.
2. Roy Nelson – HVWT. (He is the IFL heavyweight Champ and would likely be given a shot in the UFC, but I don’t know how he’d fair against UFC fighters)
3. Ryan Schultz – 155 lbs. (He is the IFC Lightweight Champ, and may be better suited for the WEC)
4. Chris Horodecki – 155 lbs. (I think he could hack the UFC, but 155 is stacked)
5. Jim Miller – 155 lbs. (He has been rumored to be on TUF 8 cast as a lightweight, but I don’t but that)
6. Jay Hieron – 170 lbs. (He is the IFL Welterweight Champ, he has been in the UFC, but he may have impreved since his stint there)
7. Ryan McGivern
8. Matt Horowich
9. Vladimir Matyushenko
10. Dan Miller
Filed under: Brad Blackburn, Chris Horodecki, Dana White, Dante Rivera, Gerald Harris, IFL, Jay Hieron, Jim Miller, Mike Dolce, Reese Andy, Rory Markham, Roy Nelson, Ryan McGivern, Ryan Schultz, TUF 7: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest, UFC, UFC Fight Night 14, Ultimate Fighting, Urijah Faber, Valdimir Matyushenko, Waggney Fabiano, WEC | Tagged: Brad Blackburn, Chris Horodecki, Dan Miller, Dante Rivera, Gerald Harris, IFL, Jay Hieron, Jim Miller, Mike Dolce, Reese Andy, Rory Markham, Roy Nelson, Ryan McGivern, Ryan Scultz, UFC, Vladimir Matyushenko, Waggney Fabiano | Leave a comment »