- Josh Koscheck defeats Yoshiyuki Yoshida via knockout (Strikes) Round 1
- Mike Swick defeats Johnathan Goulet via TKO (Strikes) Round 1
- Steve Cantwell defeats Razak Al-Hassan via TKO (Referee stoppage due to Armbar) Round 1
- Tim Credeur defeats Nate Loughran via TKO (Referee Stoppage) Round 2
- Jim Miller defeats Matt Wiman via Unanimous Decision
- Luigi Fioravanti defeats Brodie Farber via unanimous decision
- Steve Bruno defeats Johnny Rees via submission (rear naked choke) in round two
- Ben Saunders defeats Brandon Wolff via technical knockout (strikes) in round one
- Dale Hartt defeats Corey Hill via technical knockout (leg injury) in round two
- Justin McCully defeats Eddie Sanchez via unanimous decision
Official Fight of the Night: Jim Miller vs. Matt Wiman
Official Submission of the Night: Steve Cantwell
Official Knockout of the Night: Josh Koscheck
- Josh Koscheck looked to be in a different league than Yoshiyuki Yoshida. What a KO! I hope he isn’t done with the UFC following his AKA troubles. He showed he is improved and well rounded
- Mike Swick also impressed in his quick KO of Jonathan Goulet. He is a serious contender ay 170.
- Steve Cantwell is known for good Muay Thai and striking, but this submission was sick. If you didn’t see it check it out. I think Al-Hassan’s arm is still in the octagon somewhere
- Jim Miller looked really, really good against a tough Matt Wiman. I think Miller can contend one day for the title. Remember, this fight was on very short notice.
- Tim Credeur has wild looping punches, but he was effective. He is improving also.
- Ben Saunders was most impressive. That was vicious. Brandon Wolff got dominated. I have never seen someone eat more knees and have a bigger knot on their head. Wow. Saunders impressed me.
- Prayers go out to Corey Hill who suffered a broken leg in his fight with Dale Hartt. He had to be taken out in a stretcher. More on this as news comes in
- The fight for the troops idea was worthwhile and handled well. What a classy event that showed the spirit of MMA. I liked Goldberg’s comments that the UFC is a “sport”, but the soldiers fight real life. There are no ref’s, tapouts, etc. in battle. Very true. Even hardcore fans ought not loose sight of that. Also, Rogan had some good political thoughts at the end about the “bulls***” of the bailouts of GM and AIG vs. the worthwhile cause of the intrepid fallen heroes fund.
- Overall, a great show with good fights.
Filed under: Ben Saunders, Corey Hill, Jim Miller, Johnny Rees, Jonathan Goulet, Josh Koscheck, Matt Wiman, Mike Swick, Nate Loughran, Razak Al-Hussan, Steve Cantwell, Tim Credeur, UFC Fight Night 16, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Zuffa | Tagged: Ben Saunders, Brandon Wolff, Corey Hill, Dale Hartt, Jim Miller, Jonathan Goulet, Josh Koscheck, Matt Wiman, Mike Swick, Nate Loughran, Razak Al-Hussan, Steve Cantwell, Tim Credeur, UFC Fight Night 16, Yoshiyuki Yoshida | Leave a comment »