I have ranked the organizations before, but here is the updated rankings of who has the best product.
1. UFC – Still the best of the best. Has more ranked fighters by far. Has the most recognizable names in the likes of Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Shogun, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Georges St. Pierre, Matt Hughes and B.J. Penn.
2. Affliction – By far the best competitive heavyweight divison with Fedor, Tim Sylvia, Aleksander Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Ben Rothwell, Pedro Rizzo and maybe Arlovski. Not to mention Lindland, Whitehead and Babalu.
3. WEC – The WEC has some star power, but is in the UFC’s shadow majorly. The growing featherweight divison will help them as will the bantamweight with star Miguel Torres. Guys like Condit, Stann, Filho and Faber give WEC the name recognition. WEC still seems to be the minor league UFC. Their success will not come with the bigger fighters, but with lightweights, featherweights and bantamweights.
4. EliteXC – Their CBS deal will help them. Kimbo can be a star. They do great partnering with other promotions like Strikeforce and allowing guys to fight in DREAM.
5. DREAM – DREAM 1-3 have been solid with solid fighters especially lightweights and middleweights. Has guys like Aoki and Ishida as well as Caol Uno and Kwajiri. Has other guys fight for them like Alvarez, Gilbert Melendez, JZ Calvancante, Diaz, Cro Cop, Jason Mayhem Miller, Manhoef, Denis Kang, Mark Hunt, Jacare, Kid Yamamoto, Sakurai and Hansen.
6. Strikeforce – They have a few good fighters which helps them greatly. They have Thomson, Le and Melendez
7. World Victory Road – They don’t have an American appeal, but they do have Gomi and some other solid Japanese fighters. Also they have Kazuo Misaki, Kevin Randlemen, Jeff Monson, and Nick Thompson
Filed under: Affliction, Aleksander Emelianenko, Andrei Arlovski, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Ben Rothwell, Brian Stann, Cung Le, Dana White, Denis Kang, DREAM, EliteXC, Fedor Emelianenko, Forrest Griffin, Georges St. Pierre, Gesias Calvancante, Gilbert Melendez, Golden Boy Promotions, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Jeff Monson, Jens Pulver, Joachim Hansen, Josh Barnett, Josh Thompson, Josh Thomson, Kazuo Misaki, Kevin Randleman, Kimbo Slice, Mark Hunt, Matt Hughes, Matt Lindland, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Melvin Manhoef, Miguel Torres, Mirko Cro Cop, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Nick Diaz, Nick Thompson, Norifumi Yamamoto, Paulo Filho, Pedro Rizzo, PRIDE, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Renato "Babalu" Sorbal, Ronaldo "Jacare" de Souza, Shinya Aoki, Strikeforce, Takanori Gomi, Tim Sylvia, Uncategorized, Urijah Faber, Wanderlei Silva, WEC, World Victory Road | Tagged: Aleksander Emelianenko, Anderson Silva, Andrei Arlovski, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, B.J. Penn, Brian Stann, Caol Uno, Chuck Liddell, Denis Kang, Eddie Alvarez, EliteXC, Fedor Emelianenko, Forrest Griffin, Georges St. Pierre, Gesias Calvancante, Gilbert Melendez, Hayato Sakurai, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Jens Pulver, Joachim Hansen, Josh Barnett, Josh Thomson, Kazuo Misaki, Kevin Randleman, Kimbo Slice, Mark Hunt, Matt Hughes, Matt Lindland, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Melvin Manhoef, Miguel Torres, Mirko Cro Cop, Nick Thompson, Norifumi Yamamoto, Paulo Filho, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Rich Franklin, Ronaldo "Jacare" de Souza, Strikeforce, Takanori Gomi, UFC, Urijah Faber, Wanderlei Silva, WEC, World Victory Road | 1 Comment »