As I try to keep up with the latest MMA news and keep updated on this site, I have found several MMA media outlets to be a consisten source of good and reliable news. Here is my rankings of the best MMA News sources….
1. MMAJunie – I find breaking news more on MMAJunkie than anywhere else. They are improving constantly as well. They are not the most comprehensive, but they do have some of the best MMA news and are often times the first ones to break news.
2. Sherdog - Sherdog keeps up with the news well. They also have great fight breakdowns as a big fight card approached. They are maybe the most comprehensive MMA site. By far the best forums around, which have good discussions, debates, and sometimes inside information. They have the all important HUGE fighter database that is always updated. They have good interviews following events. They have good coverage. Also, if you follow the regional fight scenes and smaller shows Sherdog has the most comprehensive list for upcoming events. Sherdog is the best all around MMA resource around.
3. MMA Mania – They are an expanding site and a lot of times they will have breaking news and new fights posted before anyone else.
4. FiveOuncesofPain – Good source for news. They are expanding and posting new videos and interviews.
5. Bloody Elbow – They are reliable and up to date with news. They have great discussions on their posts and allow you to post blogs or news. Bloody Elbow is maybe the best place to go for MMA related videos.
6. MMA Weekly – They sometimes have good news. I like their insider blog and they have up to date fight card information. They are consistent and accurate.
7. MMA Convert - They may not be the “news breakers”, but the best thing about MMA Convert is their news feeds on the sidebar which enables you to go to MMA Convert and see the latest news on several of the best MMA sites including many of the ones listed above. They post good videos. Also, they have a great fight card page which posts reported fights and even rumored fights. They have comprehensive links as well.
8. Tatame – A great site that often has new interviews and info on Brazilian fighters. The one negative is that often times they go long periods without updating. However, Tatame is the best place to keep up with Brazilian fighters.
9. Fighters Only Magazine – They are the best U.K. MMA site (sorry MMA Bay). They have good inetrviews which often times you could not find anywhere else. They keep up with British fighters especially well.
10. Suki MMA – Often times news you may not care about, but Suki MMA does a good job translating Japanese fighter interviews and blog posts. This is a prime site to keep up with Japanese fighters if you are a Japanese fan and cannot read Japanese
Other Worthwhile Sites: Cage Potato, Dream Fighters, Fight Linker, MMA Bay and Fight3r.
MMA Rated used to be a good site, but it looks like they are done for.
Filed under: Ultimate Fighting | 14 Comments »